A major U.S. airline was looking for a simple-to-use and innovative way to apologize to its customers for their troubles and mitigate dissatisfaction
Non-weather related travel delays are an inconvenience to the passengers and create a negative experience with the airline. In many cases, a voucher for future travel is not a valuable form of service recovery.
- Provide the ability for the airline’s customer service representatives to offer a goodwill gesture to the affected passenger using a simple-to-use, behavior-based incentive delivery platform
- The new airline incentive program, powered by MotivEngine, sends an offer to passengers and they are given their choice of several popular gift cards
- Gift cards delivered by this tool have received higher scores on surveys than other types of offers
- According to airline’s management team, acceptance of the offer was extremely high
- MotivEngine aligned with passenger needs and was more meaningful to passengers